Thursday, May 12, 2005

Time for MythTV

After taking a look at my mate's new MythBox, I finally committed myself and ordered some gear. I've been considering MythTV for over a year, lurking on the lists and forums, checking out setups and taking a look and listen at friends hardware. Primarily I've been waiting:
  • To have the time to devote to getting Myth up and running
  • To have the money for the hardware
  • An increase in WAF
  • For ivtv to seamlessly handle widescreen (VBI?)
  • For sound and video drivers to support the Shuttle ZEN
I'm not sure if all of these conditions have been met but hey, my patience ran out and here I am.

The shelves of videos will soon be gone. Adverts will be a thing of the past. Missing Doctor Who by mis-programming the VCR will be ancient history. Lets see if reality approaches the promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home