Thursday, May 19, 2005

Video sources and channel selection

Updated MythTV to 0.18.1

Ran mythtvsetup. This was fairly straightforward with guidance from the Mythtv HOWTO and other sources -

For video source, I used tv_grab_uk_rt (Radio Times) which has all of the TV channels in my NTL digital base package. It took me a while to review my package and add in all of my subscribed channels. Strangely enough tv_grab_uk_rt doesn't have any Radio channel information which is a real shame as I'd like to be able to schedule audio recordings from the myriad of stations availabe with my NTL package. Anyone know how to achieve this?

Channel editing was a bit painful!
  1. Pick a subscribed TV station
  2. Find the NTL channel number for station
  3. Read ~mythtv/.mythtv/NTL.xmltv
  4. Try to cross reference the station with the xmltv ID
  5. Fill in the Name, channel No., callsign, xmltv ID in the mythtvsetup channel editor

Rinse&repeat for all subscribed stations. Is there an easier way?

Anyway, mythfilldatabase ran ok and populated the database but it did throw an error at the last step... Oops, I forgot to start mythbackend. Now it works fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home