Monday, March 06, 2006

Playback timing wrong on PVR350

Since 0.19, I (and several others) have noticed that timing is broken during playback on the PVR350. It may only affect people in PAL-land.
  • Jumping forwards takes you backwards
  • Returning to a bookmark positions you before the bookmark
  • Shows continue playing beyond the length of the show as displayed by the OSD
The time distortion gets progressively worse as playback continues. Jumping or returning to a bookmark resets the distortion back to zero. There is a trac ticket about this bug here.

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

See, this is what I get for not reading your blog regularly. I've had this since my 0.19 upgrade as well, but couldn't find anything online about it (obviously not digging hard enough). Thanks for the trac link.

Do you know if the fix is in the latest atrpms packages? I'm a couple of versions behind...

9:52 am  
Blogger Mezzanine said...

Yep. I rolled my own library using the patch in trac for a while but the fix was committed to 0.19-fixes a while ago. It's definitely in ATRPMS 0.19-125 and above as that's where I'm currently at.

10:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a myth system using the same st62k system that you are using.. i was wondering if we could get in touch by email to discuss a few things ive found out and some of the problems that you have had.. it sounds like we are on the same mission!

ive had problem with spdif and myth but you say that it works.. i am really interested to know how well and how exactly you configured myth..

if you can please drop me a email.. andrew.lyon@gmail.com

many thanks
andy

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home