Monday, July 25, 2005

ivtv 0.3.7

Being interested in Xv support on the PVR350 for playing DVDs and videos in formats other than MPEG2/nuv, I started playing with the latest ivtv and ivtvfb drivers.

I installed ivtv 0.3.7, X driver 0.10.5 and the latest Hauppauge firmware, recommended with the dynamic DMA buffer code in the new ivtv driver.

I had a few problems at first - ghosting was corrected by using ivtvctl -c dnr_temporal=0 (it defaulted to this with the 0.2 driver) and I had a few lockups after removing the 16Mb vm reservation I needed for 0.2. I've now put the vm reservation back and the box has been stable for a few days.

Xv works ok with some videos and not so ok with others. I've tried mplayer and xine and both display video in the same way.

One thing I noticed was that my amp started emitting high-pitched clicks/pops at random intervals with 0.3.7. I almost thought I was imagining the problem but I also lost sound completely at one point, needing a reboot to fix.

I noticed a patch to revert a tda988x audio 'fix' that has been causing some users to lose sound and I'll try this to see what effect it has...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home