Thursday, June 29, 2006

0.19-fixes now working really well

All of the 0.19 problems I mentioned in earlier posts are now gone. This has been achieved by using ATRPM mythtv updates. I currently have an uptime of 67 days on my master backend and 35 days on my slave/frontend Shuttle. These boxes are still running FC3, although their kernels are hand-built from vanilla 2.6.15.x and 2.6.16.x series kernels.

The master would have been up longer but it gets moved around occassionally to accomodate guests in the second bedroom. Can't remember what I did on the slave a month a ago but I think I was fiddling with the ivtv drivers which almost always requires a clean reboot to fully test.

1 Comments:

Blogger Floppy said...

I'm still having a couple of issues on my 0.19 install - every now and again it will crash when finishing playback. Not sure why that is, but it's not sufficiently often to get really annoying. Maybe 1 in 10 or something.

I'm also using the atrpms packages, but I found recently that yum really couldn't handle the upgrade dependencies any more, for some reason. So, I've taken Axel Thimm's advice and started using smart instead, which is now working nicely.

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home