Friday, June 17, 2005

MediaMVP and DVB-T cards

I've been playing with a Hauppauge MediaMVP briefly as a MythTV frontend using mvpmc. It works great but doesn't yet have all of the functionality offered by mythfrontend. I'm only using this for test purposes at the moment but plan on getting a w/s LCD TV for the spare bedroom...

I've gradually shifted all of the backend services off of my shuttle and onto the GX150. This migration is now complete:
  • Shuttle: living-room frontend and slave backend (NTL)
  • GX150: Master backend (will be Freeview)

I'm still researching DVB-T cards but am beginning to narrow it down. I'm currently considering:

  • Avermedia AverTV 771
  • Hauppauge Nova-T
  • KWORLD V-Stream Xpert DTV - DVB-T
The Avermedia is my favourite as it has a good samsung frontend, good sensitivity, is reasonably priced at ~£70 and even has an svideo input. However, Linux users seem to be few and far between despite it having support in the latest v4l code. There appear to be a lot of Nova-T users but there are 3 different flavours of the card and I've read about numerous problems. I've heard good things(TM) about the kworld card but it's not widely available in the UK.

It's never easy is it? What do you have working?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home