Monday, July 25, 2005

Slave backends

I started having a few issues with MythTV 0.18.1 after moving from my all-in-one setup to the distributed master/slave setup.

If you ever need to setup a slave backend, you may find you need to edit /.mythtv/mysql.txt aswell as ~root/.mythtv/mysql.txt. I found that the former was read if mythbackend was started as a service and the later was read if I ran the command by hand!

I've seen a few problems where the slave and master appear to dissagree on the availability of the slave's grabber. Logs fill with errors trying to access /dev/video devices and frontends thinks that the slave is free to watch LiveTV when it isn't. However, I haven't been able to reproduce the errors with debugging enabled! Usually things go wrong in the middle of the night when both systems are unattended...

At first, I had debugging enabled on the slave but now I have it enabled on the master backend as watching LiveTV generates vast amounts of logs on the slave with debugging on full.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mezzanine said...

This is fixed now. I'm slaving NTP off the master so both servers are now 100% in sync and I also noticed that slave mythbackend reshedule activity can cause problems. Don't run mythbackend --resched on your slave!

12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home